Shoulder and arm pain can have a number of causes so it is vital to get an accurate diagnosis of the problem responsible for your symptoms. At Eastland Family Chiropractic, we will conduct a thorough assessment that will include your health and injury history, your lifestyle (including the type of work you do and the sports and exercise you participate in) and the symptoms you are currently experiencing.
If your pain is acute, you may be able to pinpoint the exact cause, an injury during sport for example. However, if the problem is recurrent and keeps coming back without an obvious cause or has been constantly 'niggling' for some time and seems to be getting worse, we can use specific Chiropractic techniques including Applied Kinesiology, Neuroimpulse Protocol and Retained Neonatal Reflexes to provide appropriate and effective treatment tailored to your particular problem.
So please us at Eastland today on 03 9095 7990 and book in for your initial assessment. Our focused and targeted approach leads to speedier resolution of the problem, gets you out of pain more quickly and reduces the risk of future recurrences.
Signs That You Should Call Us
If you have:-
- Shoulder pain that lasts more than a few days, that is affecting your ability to raise your arm, use it normally or carry any weight.
- Shoulder pain that comes on at night or while you are at rest
- Any swelling, inflammation, feeling of heat or bruising around your shoulder joint or elsewhere on your arm
- Recurrent pain - even if it is a problem that normally settles down in a few days
Remember, taking painkillers will only make you feel a little better or mask the symptoms, painkillers will not address the cause of the problem - and trying to carry on normally without appropriate treatment may make the condition worse.
Common Causes of Shoulder and Arm Pain
- Referred pain from the cervical spine, upper or mid-back
- Rotator Cuff Injuries, including tears, bursitis and tendonitis
- Frozen Shoulder or 'adhesive capsulitis'
- Shoulder instability or dislocation
- Ligament injury (Acromio-Clavicular Tear)
- Degenerative conditions such as Arthritis and Oseoarthritis
- Repetitive strain injuries from constant overuse
- Poor posture
It is important to mention that in acute onset shoulder and arm pain, if no action or injury can be pinpointed as the likely cause, there is a possibility that the pain is referred from internal organs. For example, pancreatic pain can often affect the left shoulder and gall bladder pain, the right shoulder. An early warning of heart attack can include pain radiating into the left shoulder and down the arm. If you are in any doubt, seek medical attention immediately.
Why It Is Important To Take Early Action
We are able to pinpoint the exact cause of your problem. Chiropractic adjustments can treat this cause with precise, gentle, mobilization and manipulation techniques.
As with any physical problem that is causing pain, the quicker we can begin your Chiropractic treatment, the sooner you will be out of pain and back to normal. The other important thing to remember is that taking early action to address an acute problem will mean that it is much less likely to become a recurring or chronic one that plagues you throughout your life.